Tuesday, July 15, 2014

IKEA Ektorp Sofa Bed Slipcovers...we've got 'em!

I was shocked earlier this year when I heard rumors IKEA was discontinuing the Ektorp sofa bed model. The Ektorp sleeper sofa was one of the first pieces of IKEA furniture I ever had, and I loved it dearly. Oh I'm having flashbacks to the teeny, tiny studio I had while living abroad...loved that white slipcover.
Ektorp sleeper sofa in white

At first I assumed IKEA wasn't going to take it away for good. I mean how can they discontinue anything in the iconic Ektorp line? I thought the sofa bed model & its slipcovers were just being redesigned and in a few months they would make a quiet, yet triumphant return with maybe new SKU numbers. My theory was dashed when @DesignByIKEA responded to my questioning tweet with "Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. Sorry!"
So it's true. And sadly as many of us have experienced before, once IKEA stops making a sofa they also stop selling the slipcovers. Well never fear if you have an Ektorp sleeper sofa and are in need of a new slipcover. We've got them!

Knesting IKEA Ektorp sofa bed cover
IKEA Ektorp sofa bed slipcover in Avocado Twill from Knesting
We are making covers for the Ektorp sofa bed in over 30 fabric options. In stock covers ship in 2-3 business days. If the slipcover you like is not in stock, then we can make you one and have it ready to ship in 4 weeks! 
Knesting Ektorp sofa bed slipcover in Oatmeal Linen
IKEA Ektorp sofa bed slipcover in Oatmeal Linen from Knesting
Ektorp sleeper cover in Lime Baligate from Knesting
Knesting IKEA Ektorp sleeper slipcover in Lime Baligate
Ektorp sleeper sofa slipcover in Denim Twill by Knesting.com
IKEA Ektorp sofa bed cover in Denim Twill from Knesting