Friday, August 2, 2013

New 2014 IKEA Catalog items - A Quick Tour

It's that time of year again! Many of us IKEA fanatics think this time of year is even better than Christmas morning. I definitely felt more giddy roaming the aisles of my Atlanta IKEA this week than opening Christmas gifts in years past. Not that my gifts haven't been good....no, no, no. I've loved and appreciated ALL of my gifts. But wandering through the IKEA maze, wondering what new and shiny things will be around that next bend...now that is pure bliss!

Okay, some of you might be thinking I'm a little weird, so I will just get to it. There are lots of new items from the 2014 IKEA catalog showing up in the stores now. I keep anxiously awaiting my catalog in the mail, but so far have had to settle with the online version. You can check it out here.

I'm not exactly in love with the cover. It seems a bit random, and all of those jars look odd to me. But it is bright which is one of the things I love about IKEA. It may just be my store or that they haven't arrived, but I didn't see a whole lot of new items in the living room area yet. There was a cool fuchsia colored sofa bed, kind of like the Moheda model. But when my eyes saw these beauties, I forgot about that sofa.
IKEA ExpeditIKEA Expedit

There are three new high gloss colors for the Expedit series - hot pink, teal, and orange! I loved the high gloss gray models introduced last year, but wow these are so much fun. I'm sure they will just add to the amazing and creative uses of Expedits across the blogosphere. Another new shelving option I found in the kitchen area is this one called the Stenstorp. 
IKEA Stenstorp

I think these shelves would also look great by an entryway for hanging coats. Next in my grand tour came the seating section. My favorite new chair is this bright yellow model named Reidar.
IKEA Reidar

And last stop on the top floor was the children's section with lots of cute bedding products including this one.
After a quick dinner break that included a nice summer berry salad rounded out with a piece of yummy Swedish apple pie (only $1.29 with an IKEA Family card!), it was time to hit the downstairs market. Here's where I noticed a trend of various items in a lovely, soft seafoam green. Since it's one of my favorite colors, I couldn't help but ogle these new dishes.
And then I found a few new fabulous rugs in the textiles department. These new Stockholm series rugs come in two great colors - brown and yellow.
IKEA rugs
Buttons are another new theme in this year's catalog...
 Whewwwww. It was a long, but fruitful evening. Now I'm gonna try my best to not make a return trip this weekend......but I'm not promising anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment