Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yellow & gray room inspiration

Magazines and blogs have been flooded with trendy images of rooms awash in lovely yellows and peaceful grays. I love the color palette and think yellow is such an interesting contrast to the new mainstay of neutral decorating, the color gray.
This room from HGTV includes curtains in one of my favorite fabrics from designer Thomas Paul. The fabric pattern is Dahlia Dove, and you can now find it online at Fabric.com.

via blackwhiteyellow.blogspot.com
And I am in lust with this yellow lamp and chair. What a way to brighten up a corner.

via Belle Maison
The color combo even works well in more traditional interiors.

Here's our fun twist on a yellow and gray room that includes the IKEA Karlstad series and one of our Knesting.com sunshine chevron slipcovers. How can a room this cheery not make you smile???

Shopping Guide
  1. Yellow floor lamp from Urban Outfitters
  2. Citrine Dwell Studio pillow cover from Knesting.com
  3. Custom slipcover for IKEA Karlstad Sofa in Graphite Twill from Knesting.com
  4. IKEA Stockholm coffee table in golden brown
  5. Amy Butler rug from Layla Grace
  6. Custom slipcover for IKEA Karlstad chair in Sunshine Chevron from Knesting.com
  7. IKEA Klubbo nesting tables
  8. Yellow vintage fan from Etsy
  9. What I Love Most print from VintageNotionsCrafts on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. Im currently remodeling my craft room and my walls were just painted a light grey. I was going to include accents of aqua and yellow...but I caught sight of your pink slipcover and now I have to change to pink and aqua. I'm saving up for that slip cover!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this moodboard, the mix of the chevrons and the floral is stunning. We are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Wow! This is cool. Thank you so much for sharing this one. You have such an awesome page! I'll be looking forward for your other posts as well. Keep it up! This blog could really help me out with my business. As this new "looser" fitting style of slipcovers do not always require custom tailoring, some furniture manufacturers are beginning to offer "ready made" slipcovers. Call for an appointment for our shop-at-home services or come visit our showroom in Peabody.
    slipcovers portsmouth NH

    ReplyDelete